Read questions bellow and if you can not find your answer,
please contact us with the form to the right — we will answer you as soon as possible!
At Sisu Painting, we understand that the key to a successful paint project lies not only in the quality of the finished product but also in the meticulous preparation that precedes it. Our commitment to excellence begins with a comprehensive examination of your specific project details, ensuring that every aspect is thoroughly assessed for optimal results. Allow us to shed light on the detailed preparation process that sets us apart:
- Project Assessment: Before embarking on any paint job, our team of seasoned professionals meticulously evaluates the unique requirements of your project. This involves a close examination of the surfaces to be painted, identifying imperfections, and determining the appropriate materials and techniques needed for the best outcome.
- Surface Preparation: Our skilled craftsmen take care of every nuance in surface preparation. This includes sanding to create a smooth and even canvas for the paint application. We address small holes and cracks with precision, ensuring that blemishes are seamlessly blended into the surface, leaving you with a flawless finish.
- Caulking for a Seamless Finish: Proper caulking is an integral part of our preparation process. Our experts identify gaps and seams in surfaces, applying high-quality caulking to create a seamless and uniform appearance. This step not only enhances the aesthetic appeal but also serves as a protective barrier, preventing moisture and drafts from compromising the integrity of the painted surfaces.
- Back Brushing/Rolling for Exterior Excellence: In exterior projects, we go the extra mile by incorporating back brushing and rolling techniques on most substrates. This meticulous approach ensures that the paint is not only applied evenly but also worked into the substrate, enhancing adhesion and longevity. The result is a finish that not only looks stunning but also withstands the elements for years to come.
- Furniture Protection: We understand the value of your belongings, and that’s why we take proactive measures to shield your furniture from any potential paint mishaps. Our team employs high-quality drop cloths and protective coverings to ensure that your furnishings remain in pristine condition throughout the painting process.
- Surface Masking and Taping: Precision is the hallmark of our work, and nowhere is it more evident than in our meticulous taping and masking process. We cover and protect non-painted surfaces with precision, ensuring that the paint adheres only to the intended areas. This attention to detail prevents unnecessary clean-up and ensures a crisp, professional finish.
By entrusting your project to Sisu Painting, you are not just hiring a painting service; you are investing in a comprehensive and hassle-free experience. Our dedication to preparation ensures that every stroke of the brush contributes to a masterpiece that exceeds your expectations. So, sit back, relax, and let us transform your space with precision, professionalism, and a splash of color. Your satisfaction is our canvas, and we are committed to painting perfection.
Volatile Organic Compounds, or VOCs, have gained significant attention due to their potential environmental and health impact. These are toxic chemicals that are released into the air as paint dries, contributing to air pollution and posing health risks. In response to these concerns, paint companies have undertaken extensive research and development efforts to formulate products that contain low or zero VOCs.
Low-VOC and zero-VOC paints are designed to minimize the emission of harmful chemicals, providing a more environmentally friendly and health-conscious alternative to traditional paints. These products adhere to strict regulatory standards and certifications, ensuring they meet or exceed established limits for VOC content.
In the market today, you’ll find a range of reliable low- and zero-VOC paints, each offering excellent performance without compromising on quality or durability. These paints are available in various finishes and colors, providing customers with a wide array of choices while contributing to a healthier indoor and outdoor environment.
At Sisu Painting, we prioritize environmental sustainability. Therefore, whenever possible, we choose to use low- and zero-VOC paints in our projects. By doing so, we not only contribute to reducing air pollution and minimizing health risks but also demonstrate our commitment to providing our customers with a painting solution that aligns with modern environmental standards and practices. Choosing Sisu Painting means choosing a partner dedicated to both the aesthetic enhancement of your space and the well-being of our planet.
While a fully encapsulated house generally poses no threat, it’s important to consider the condition of the paint layers over time. When the paint begins to deteriorate, there is an increased risk of lead dust becoming present. Signs of paint failure, such as peeling and blistering, may indicate that the existing paint layers are releasing lead dust.
At Sisu Painting, we prioritize the safety of our clients and adhere to strict guidelines to address potential lead paint concerns. If we encounter any lead paint during our painting process, whether due to visible signs or through testing, we want to assure you that we are fully equipped to handle the situation responsibly.
Our team is well-versed in following the Environmental Protection Agency’s Renovation, Repair, and Painting (RRP) regulations and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules. These regulations are in place to ensure that any potential lead hazards are appropriately managed during the painting process, protecting both our team members and your household.
If you have any specific concerns or questions regarding lead paint in your property, we encourage you to discuss them with our team during the initial consultation. We are committed to transparency and ensuring that you have all the information you need to feel confident in our painting services. Your safety and satisfaction are our top priorities.
Choosing the lowest paint bid for a project may seem like a financially prudent decision at first glance, but it’s crucial to recognize that the lowest bid doesn’t always translate to the best value or quality. Several factors contribute to why one should exercise caution when automatically opting for the lowest paint bid.
First and foremost, a bid significantly lower than others might indicate that the contractor is cutting corners, either by using subpar materials, skipping essential steps in the painting process, or employing inexperienced and underpaid labor. Quality paint jobs require skilled craftsmanship, attention to detail, and the use of high-quality paints and tools. Choosing the lowest bid without considering these elements could result in a substandard outcome that may necessitate costly corrections in the future.
Moreover, a low bid may reflect a lack of thoroughness in the contractor’s assessment of the project. Hidden costs or unforeseen challenges might not be adequately addressed in the initial bid, leading to unexpected expenses down the line. A reputable and experienced contractor will conduct a comprehensive evaluation of the project, accounting for potential complications and providing a more accurate estimate that covers all necessary aspects.
Furthermore, the lowest bidder might lack proper insurance or certifications, putting you at risk in the event of accidents, damages, or legal issues. A reputable painting contractor should have the necessary licenses, insurance, and certifications to ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations.
In summary, while cost is an essential factor in any project, it’s crucial to consider the overall value, quality, and professionalism offered by a contractor. Rather than solely focusing on the lowest bid, it’s advisable to assess the contractor’s reputation, experience, and commitment to delivering a high-quality paint job that meets your specific needs and expectations. Investing in a reliable and skilled contractor may initially seem more expensive, but it often pays off in the long run with a durable and aesthetically pleasing result.
Choosing the right paint company for your project is a crucial decision that can significantly impact the outcome of your investment. Here are some thoughtful considerations to guide you through the selection process:
- Research and References: Begin by conducting thorough research on potential paint companies. Look beyond their promotional material and delve into customer testimonials and reviews. Genuine experiences shared by previous clients can offer valuable insights into the company’s work quality, reliability, and professionalism. Additionally, reach out to friends, family, or colleagues for personal recommendations.
- Online Presence: In today’s digital age, a reputable paint company should have a strong online presence. Explore the company’s website, social media profiles, and online reviews. Pay attention to the consistency of positive feedback, the responsiveness of the company to customer inquiries, and the overall impression conveyed through their online interactions. This can provide a glimpse into their commitment to customer satisfaction.
- License Verification: Verify the legal standing of the paint company by checking whether they are appropriately licensed. The Construction Contractor’s Board is an excellent resource for this purpose. Ensure that the company holds the necessary licenses for your region and that they comply with local regulations. This step helps safeguard your project and ensures that you’re working with a legitimate and qualified service provider.
- Communication and Transparency: A successful partnership with a paint company requires effective communication and transparency. During your initial interactions, assess the company’s responsiveness, willingness to answer questions, and clarity in communication. A reliable company should be transparent about their processes, pricing, and timelines, instilling confidence in their commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Ethics and Attitude: Beyond technical competence, consider the ethics and attitude of the paint company. Choose a company that aligns with your values and demonstrates a commitment to ethical business practices. This includes aspects such as honesty, integrity, and a genuine interest in understanding and meeting your specific project needs.
- On-Site Consultation: Arrange for on-site consultations with the shortlisted companies. This provides an opportunity to discuss your project in detail, receive personalized advice, and gauge the professionalism of the company’s representatives. A reputable paint company will take the time to understand your vision, address your concerns, and provide tailored solutions.
After conducting your due diligence, if you find yourself seeking a paint company that embodies reliability, professionalism, and a commitment to customer satisfaction, Sisu Painting is here to assist you. Our experienced team not only meets industry standards but exceeds expectations, ensuring a seamless and enjoyable painting experience for every client. Choose Sisu Painting for a partnership founded on trust, expertise, and a passion for transforming spaces into works of art.
If you have painted siding that is blistering or peeling, the issue may very well be with the siding itself. This issue is especially common on older homes. If you see the peeling on the south or west side of the home, it’s very likely a sign that moisture has accumulated in the siding. To learn more, check out Nancy’s blog post on blistering and peeling paint.
At Sisu Painting, we understand the significance of selecting the perfect color for your home. That’s why we recommend taking advantage of our personalized color consultation service, led by our co-owner and color expert, Nancy Long. With her wealth of experience and keen eye for design, Nancy can guide you through the color selection process, ensuring that the chosen palette harmonizes seamlessly with your vision and the unique characteristics of your space.
Investing in a color consultation with Sisu Painting not only adds a professional touch to your project but also saves you time, money, and potential headaches in the long run. Choosing the right color from the outset eliminates the need for costly adjustments or repainting down the road. Our commitment to your satisfaction extends to offering a complimentary color consultation with most of our paint projects, underscoring our dedication to making the painting process as smooth and enjoyable as possible. Trust Sisu Painting to transform your vision into a vibrant reality with the perfect color selection for your home.
Most latex paints are divas, wanting all eyes on them after just one hour. But, hold your applause—full curing is a different story. Picture this: it takes latex paints about a month to get over themselves and fully cure, while oil-based products are the real drama kings, demanding a whopping two months in the spotlight. In the meantime, treat your freshly painted walls like the fragile celebrities they are—no bumping, no scratching, and definitely no autographs until they’ve had time to recover.
Paint contractors usually receive special pricing from paint stores which is lower than retail prices and therefore a cost savings to the customer. Even if you find paint on sale, it’s highly unlikely the sale price will beat the contractor price you receive from us.
Great care is taken to make sure your furniture and belongings are protected. We cover all flooring with drop cloths, paper, and/or plastic. All furniture and belongings are covered with plastic and/or drop cloths.
Unless you are allergic, it is unlikely that paint fumes will make you ill; however: you may find the odors unpleasant. To keep our painters and customers safe from any possible reaction to exposure to paint fumes, we do our best to open windows and doors to allow air to flow in and of the areas in which we are working. Fumes tend to dissipate very quickly, especially when we are using low- or zero-VOC paint.
Generally, we recommend de-glossing, sanding, and priming to assure proper adhesion when applying latex over oil-based paint. However, there are some great new products on the market called modified alkyds – low-VOC waterborne products that do not require a primer coat.
Two coats are always recommended. In some cases, ultra-deep base colors will require three coats. In rare cases, one coat will suffice.
Absolutely! A paint job is an affordable way to update your home and cabinetry. Painting trim and wood work is not cheap because to do it properly, it requires a lot of tedious prep work including intensive sanding, a coat of primer, and two coats of paint. Painting the trim is a lot less expensive and disruptive than replacing it and the effect can really be lovely.
Generally an exterior paint job takes about one week from beginning to end, including pressure washing, prep, painting, and clean up. Of course, each home will have individual considerations that may add to or take away from the projected timeline.
Rain will not damage the paint, as long as the paint is dry. Paint is formulated with drying agents to allow water to skim over the surface. However, if a heavy rain happens when the paint is still wet, the surfaces may need to be repainted.
Surfactants are necessary additives in paints which leach out over time. Under the right conditions, most commonly with dark colors, surfactants may leach out rapidly causing a waxy and/or soapy film on the paint. In rare cases, surfactants will ooze. Fortunately, surfactants are harmless and a gentle washing will remove surfactant residues and leave your paint looking beautiful again.
Unfortunately, it’s nearly impossible to get an exact match because there isn’t a standard for sheen. Therefore, even if you get a perfect color match, matching the sheen can be a challenge. When your paint project is complete, we’ll leave you with whatever paint is leftover so you’ll have some on hand for future touch-ups.
If your home is showing signs of paint failure (cracking, blistering, peeling, fading, thinning, etc.), don’t delay in getting it painted. It is very common for siding to be replaced because it wasn’t properly protected with a paint job and it got ruined. Siding replacement is far more expensive than a new paint job.
No. Paint is not thick enough to fill even small cracks. This is where professional painters can provide the best repair solutions.